What a great time to enjoy some Sizzling Summer Fun! Do the dog days of summer have you hidden in a shady place under the air conditioning vent? – not to fret. Do you own any LEGO Town/City Leisure, IslandXtreme, Divers, Coast Guard, or other nautical/beach related set(s)? If so, now is the time to break them out. Even if you never had a chance to pick up any of these classics, there’s always the 2009 white and lime green City Camper (7639) ready for some vacationing fun. It even includes a surfboard for your beachside destination. You could even trade one of your Zombie Minifigures from the Series 1 collection for an orange-finned Diver Dan.
Make yourself an ice-cold smoothie or favorite tropical drink, and start building! Here’s six ideas for some sensational summer scenes:
- Day at the Beach: grab a few palms and some tan baseplates adding blue plates/bricks for water. Blue baseplates are still available in many stores that sell LEGO, and you can pull the shorts from a business man while he tries on pants in the Grand Emporium. Some Pirate sets like 6241 Loot Island can provide useful pieces.
- Surf Shack: got a few brown log bricks left over from Fort Legoredo? If so, try your hand at a surf shack. While surfboards may be hard to come by, you could always try selling lemonade, bicycles, or icecream at your new summertime establishment.
- Beach House: did you know that LEGO Creator set 4996 Beach House is still available? If not, don’t let this set get away. For $34.99 (USD), it has 522 useful pieces for building three different models, including the main model, a wonderful beach house. Add some flowers, additional shrumbs, trees, and maybe a small area of ocean-front landscaping, and you’ve got the perfect summer get-away.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water: got a land-locked Train Town or City that hasn’t seen rain in a long time? Add some blue baseplates for water and try building a bridge for cars, trucks, or even a train to pass over your new water feature. Make sure you leave some room for your favorite LEGO boat/ship and perhaps a few Coast Guard vehicles for a rescue scene.
- Into the Blue: grab those Diver Minifigures and get busy building your own Diver, Nautica, or ocean exploration vessel. 7207 Fire Boat or even 7213 Off-Road Fire Truck & Fireboat can provide that perfect hull/raft for your nautical expedition. Just be careful when exploring black lago0ns!
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: haven’t picked up an Atlantis set yet, nows the perfect time. Most of the new theme sets are still available in stores and at LEGO Shop at Home. Combine a few to create your favorite underwater action adventure.
So what’s stopping you from enjoying any of these sizzling summer scenes? Get busy and start building! You won’t even need sunscreen.